Tuesday 7 May 2013

I must never forget the man in my life


After reading some recent other blogs it’s reminded me that I should never forget the man in my life my gorgeous Hubby Chris.

We meet 9 years ago back in 2004. I say meet very loosely to begin with as I actually started of emailing him for about 4 months before we actually met. We met through Match.com think both of us were looking for a friendship, I know I certainly wasn’t looking for anything more. Anyway after about 4 months of and on emailing we finally agreed to meet up on the 10th April – Easter weekend. He suggested that I meet him in Reading and that he’d be out with some of his friends, ‘stupidly’ I agreed but I decided that my best option was to drive. That way I couldn’t get too drunk and embarrass myself. The evening was fine, Chris ended up getting quite drunk but that was ok and at the end of the evening I ended up giving him a lift home. The next day he txt me to apologies and invited me for a drink in Caversham on the Monday, something just seem to click with us both. The following week I invited him out for dinner with my friends because we’d hit it off so well I invited him back to mine (well I say mine but I was currently living back with the parents but they were away) for ‘Coffee’ needless to say I dropped him home the next morning. The following week I cooked him dinner, I don’t think he’ll ever forget that meal, I do what I always do as asked him what he wanted, we settled on pasta and I just brought a jar of sauce, what he hadn’t told me was he didn’t like tomatoes! And you guessed it the sauce has huge lumps of tomatoes.


Pretty much after that dinner we were inseparable and spent loads of time together. In the May I moved into my own flat and he helped me move, we then used to spend 4 days a week with each other. In the November he went away on holiday with his friends family and his mum, it was something he’d booked before we met. Longest 2 weeks of our lives, he was so romantic and he sent me a rose every day he was away and txt me loads! He said after it would have been cheaper to have taken me away with him! But the biggest thing to come out of that holiday was the txt saying he didn’t want to live alone anymore and would I move in with him. So on his return that’s what I did so 7 months after meeting I moved in with him.

In 2006 we sold his flat and brought our 1st house together. We had discussed marriage and children but Chris was in no hurry. In Aug of 2007 we attended our best friends wedding, during the service Chris reminded me of how he didn’t see the point of marriage! Fast forward about 8 hours and a couple of bottles of wine and we get into a discussion with others about when we’re getting married to which I say ‘oh Chris will never ask me’ he responds ‘oh yes I will’ so I respond ‘well go on then’ he responds by getting down on one knee and proposing to me there and then at our best friends wedding     


Fast forward just under a year and we’re jetting of to Oz to get married. After Chris asked me he said he would leave it to me to decided but he didn’t want a church wedding. That to me was a needle in a haystack! We’d talked about going to oz at some point to see his Aunt who lives out there so I suggested we just got married out there too! I enlisted a great company called Audley Travel who helped me put together our wedding and Honeymoon. So at the beginning of August 2008 we flew with Chris mum to Brisbane spent the night there before flying to Hamilton Island in the Whitesundays. We were very lucky to have our accommodation upgraded and we ended up staying at Qualia this amazing 6* resort on the island  we stayed in a Leeward Pavilion and had our own golf buggy! The whole island is pretty much car free so this is the only way to get around. While on the island we did a trip with the family (Chris’s Mum , Aunt, Uncle and cousin Val) out to Whitehaven beach and then a trip by our selves on a helicopter. The main thing about the upgrade was it meant we could get married on the private beach of the hotel. It was the most amazing day of my life my only slight regret was not having our best friends or my parents at the wedding but we had a big party when we returned. I let Chris choose all the music for our wedding and I walked down the aisle to Jack Johnson Better Together




Couple of days after the wedding we flew back to Brisbane, where Chris’s mum flew home and we picked up our campervan for our road trip to Sydney. Was one of the most amazing trips I’ve done.

Over the next few years he was a great support though all my weight loss, moving in with the in-laws in-between houses and of course my rock through all the IVF which we started while living at my mum’s.

Chris is not only my husband, the love of my life but he’s my also best friend. He knows me better than anyone and knows just how to cheer me up when I feel sad. We have our discussions (I’m not allowed to call them arguments) but I can never stay mad at him for longer than a few hours and thankfully he knows how to put up with me.

I’m very lucky to have him in my life and to be finally having a family with him, I know he’s going to make a fantastic Dad!




This will always be our song!

"Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)"
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment