Friday 6 September 2013

Getting everything in Order





When hubby and I brought our 1st house in 2006 we made sure we had life insurance, this meant that if anything ever happened to either of us that the mortgage would be paid off. I think this was more for me to feel more secure. Hubby works on the railway and even thought he's not out on track every day or week he does go out on it. If anything was ever to happen to him or me then I knew the other could afford to stay in the house as the mortgage would be paid off

Have to say this post is going to get a little bit more morbid so apologies.

Leading on from having life insurance we also changed ours will's. Both of us had wills before, I made my 1st one when I was going through my divorce mainly because I didn't want my ex to have anything of mine if anything was to happen to me before the divorce went through. After hubby and I brought our 1st house together we needed new wills to cover this. We had long conversations then about who we were going to leave everything to if anything happened to both of us, we were lucky we both agreed quite quickly on who would benefit.

Fast forward to the present and now we have our son so it's time to change our wills again, the beneficiary of the wills this time is simpler it will all go to our son but the problem is who to make guardian of him?

When I asked for some advice on twitter the best bit I got was it should be someone with the same parenting views as us, people that would bring our son up the way we would.  

I do have some 2 people in mind but will hubby agree? Then we have to decide who will be executer I would want to make sure it was someone who would have my son's best interests at heart. 

It's so hard. Have you made your will yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment