Monday 28 October 2013

The Baby Show Olympia



After visiting the Baby show at the Excel In February while I was pregnant, when I saw it was coming to London again I decided that I had to go to see what items they had for J. This time I went with my my mum and J, though he did get a little bored, it was handy having his buggy to put the shopping under

For us it was easier to drive and therefore we had pre-booked the parking, which for this venue I  definitely recommend unless you arrive super early. Once inside the show we headed straight for the coffee shop for a caffeine boost and to feed little man. Then we headed straight for the Baby Changing area set up by Asda. This was great there was loads of changing stations around the edges and free nappies and wipes to try. On our way out we were offered a free pack of nappies to try. I have had the little Angels nappies before when J was 1st born but I just prefer the Aldi ones. J was in the Little Angels all day and it kept him dry.

The other great area at the baby show was the tommee tippee feeding area. They had about 6 microwaves and bottle warmers to help to heat up your little ones feeds and if you forgot to bring some food they had Plum pouches available along with tommee tipee feeding spoons and the disposable bibs. 

After the pit stops we headed towards Babies R Us and Mothercare as I wanted to have a look around while it wasn't too busy. Last time we left them until last and they were both manic.  

Although there are 2 Mothercare near us, I still wanted to have a look what clothes and toys they had brought to the show. They definitly had bits I'd not seen before and were offering 10% off everything. I could resist the little Baby K items I found. I also found a perfect Christmas outfit but they didn't have it in J's size so they were able to order it for me into my local store for free and still give me the 10% discount.


One thing I love about the baby show is finding all those new brands or the brands that aren't on the high street and are online. I must prefer looking at things close up.

One such brands I came across was Flippers Clothing. These are amazing items that are reversible which is great idea for children. The colours are so vibrant too which makes them really stand out. We brought a couple of items for J. The boys items we choose are a little more suited to summer or holiday wearing and therefore we choose to buy size 9-12mths. I certainly can't wait till J can wear them and I promise an update on them. The items are also very reasonably priced with no item over £15. I think it's definitely a brand to watch and will be excited to see what Amy comes up with next. 


The other brand I was excited to see what they had was Funky Giraffe. They mostly sell funky bibs, which are perfect for when babies are teething, but they also now sell clothing. They had some great offers on, I managed to get 2 t-shirts for just £5, they normally retail at £9 each. The bibs were slightly cheaper than online, I picked 5 for £10 



As you may have seen if you follow me on twitter I've started weaning J so one thing I wanted to have a look at as what weaning bits they had. One product I was glad to come across was Bibisili bibs. They come in various funky designs and have a little pocket at the bottom perfect for catching food that dribbles out of little ones mouth. They are easy to wash and even state they can go into the dishwasher and can easily be rolled up to fit into your changing bag.


In February I had brought the Annabel Karmel top 100 baby puree book at the last baby show so I was excited about visiting their stand. I'd been looking for something to put into the freezer to store excess purees so was glad when I found the food cube tray. I can't wait to get started with it. They also had samples of of their baby puree's, J tried some of the Apple, blueberry & vanilla one which he seemed to quite like. What I love about these are they are made from 100% fruit so taste very yummy even if I do say so my self. One thing I feel is that if I don't like the taste of a baby food why should my son like it, so I would never give him anything I haven't tried myself. I look forward to letting him try these again in a few weeks time.


A visit to the baby show wouldn't have been complete without stopping by the Mam &  Cheeky wipes stands. As I love their products so much I will do a review on both separately. 

Other brands I visited were of course Momymoo changing bags, I have the Maia one which I love and goes perfectly with my buggy system. I also went to the grobag stand but unfortunately they didn't have any 6-18mths grobags left, but they did give me a a 20% off voucher code 20SS13. I love their sleeping bags especially the travel ones, I don't use it that often but when I do it's so handy. It meant that after the baby show I went to my mum and Dad's for dinner, J's bed time is 6pm so I got him ready for bed including putting him into his travel sleeping bag, fed him then put him in the cot my mum & dad have. When I was ready to go home it just meant transferring him into the car seat then once home from the car seat straight into his own bed without having to worry about waking him while I put him into his sleeping bag. The Travel ones have the extra feature of a two way front zip and a back vent so it can easily be used with a 5 point harness in car seats or pushchairs.

Once again I had another great visit to the baby show, I highly recommend it to any parent to be or new parent.

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment