Saturday 4 May 2013

Pregnancy massage


As some of you know I have had on going issues with my back during my pregnancy but I’ve had back issues now for years after damaging it lifting some boxes in the loft. I had always seen a private physio but when I fell pregnant I was lucky enough to be referred to the NHS for treatment. The only thing is that treatment isn’t nearly as good as the private one, mainly as the NHS one will only treat the area I’m most in pain with were as the private one treats that then I get a nice massage as well.

Anyway I decided after a recommendation from a colleague to go and treat my self to a special pregnancy Massage from a lady called Claire. She is also an independent midwife based in Aborfield in Berkshire. http://www.cksmaternitytherapies.co.uk/

After eventually finding her, my sat nav sent me on a random route, she took me to her treatment room and she ran though a couple of things but also asked me how I was getting on. She then asked my to undress while she left the room and get onto her special pregnancy massage table, it had a special ‘bump’ hole it was lovely to be able to truly relax laying on my front. She then gave me a back, shoulder, neck and leg massage.

After the most amazing massage EVER! Claire then asked me to get back dressed and then she checked Baby Hano out, she started by checking how is was lying, which was currently back to back meaning is back is facing my back, this is not an idea position for him to be in but she said I have plenty of time for him to move and to encourage him I should get down on my hands and knees and scrub some floors! I know hubby will be happy with this as he keeps saying our kitchen floor needs a prober clean. I then got to listen to his heart beat and Claire said all was fine with him.

I was so impressed before leaving I booked another massage with her on the 3rd June.

No comments:

Post a Comment