Wednesday 8 May 2013

What to pack in the hospital bag

As my due date gets every closer a couple of weeks ago I started to think about what I should pack in my hospital bag. I’ve read some good blogs on it and also have seen quite a few good lists in my pregnancy journal and from mothercare. There are also bags you can buy that are pre-packed but I decided against this.

For me I decided to have 2 bags one for me and one for baby.

Baby’s bag – I decided to use the free boots black changing bag for this, it then contains the following:
·                     Pack of new born nappies
·                     cotton wool roll
·                     1 pair of scratch Mitts
·                     1 cotton hat
·                     3 vests various sizes one being tiny baby
·                     2 sleepsuits
·                     One muslins 
·                     Blankets
·                     Coming home outfit consisting of a sleepsuit, hat &  cardie

 I decided that if I then am in any longer hubby can bring me the extra bits

My bag – I’m using my Radley weekend bag – so far it only contains the following:


My bag – I’m using my Radley weekend bag – so far it only contains the following:

    Pack of disposable knickers – though my NCT teacher did say just but some cheap ones from Primark but the disposable ones only cost £2 from Boots.
    Pack of maternity pads from Boots
    Couple of Breast pads
    Old towel
    Old T-shirt or something for labour
    socks
    Knee length nightie
      Basic toiletry kit -  toothbrush, toothpaste, face wipes, Nipple cream, mouthwash, shampoo & conditioner, dry shampoo 
    TENS machine
    A stash of snacks including chocolate buttons, haribo sweets, dry biscuits, ribeana drinks and some straws
  
Still need to be added
·                     Basic toiletry kit -  hairbrush, hair bands, lip salve moisturiser
·                     Slippers and a dressing gown
·                     Pillow and pillowcase (patterned laundry won’t get put in the hospital   laundry!)
·                     Pregnancy Journal and pen·            
·                     Some clothes to go home in –
·                     items to help pass the time - like a magazine
·                     Iphone & Charger


Additional bits
·                     Antenatal notes and your birth plan
·                     Coins for the carpark and vending machines (most maternity units provide a parking permit for labour)
·                     A list of people to call with your news

No comments:

Post a Comment