Monday 24 June 2013

My hospital stay


After theatre I was transferred back to the delivery suite again this is all a bit of a blur to me but I think I breast fed James but I remember Chris having cuddles with him I think I just had a quick nap.

I also called my mum to let her know her grandson had arrived, we txt her and only her in the morning to tell her I was in labour.

We were then told we would be transferred up to Marsh Ward. Chris and I both said that we wanted a private room. Once all sorted we were transferred up. I was bed ridden as I had a catheter and the epidural.

We were given the Henley room on marsh which was nice enough had a bed, 2 chairs and own bathroom.

Hubby stayed with me until about 8pm when he left to get some sleep. The midwives & care assistants were brilliant I just had to ring the bell and the came. James pretty much spent the night in bed with me (I know that's not really allowed but he was so little and just wanted comfort) Sunday was Father's Day. Chris came back in the morning. For RBH day's were allowed in from 9am-9pm and other visitors from 3pm-9pm

Funny enough I'd brought him a pressy already from James and a card which even if he hadn't come in time I would still have given it to him.

By lunch time they removed my catheter. As for pain relief I was on codeine, paracomol & ibrofine.

My mum, dad & brother came to visit Sunday afternoon and then early evening Chris mum & nan came in. Chris then left me again at about 7.30pm.

Grandpa (Aka my Dad
 
Nana H (AKA my mum)
My 2nd night was slightly better as I was able to get in and out of bed just! I doesn’t help that I’m quiet short so struggled with the height of the bed.

Monday Chris didn’t come in until after lunch mainly as the plan was I was going to come home so he spent the morning going food shopping and getting the house ready for our return. By the time he made it to the hospital I was still in quiet a bit of pain and decided that actually I wasn’t ready to go home and that I wanted to stay in hospital another night, which of course I was allowed to do. On that we decided to txt Chris’s dad and say that they could come and visit that night. After their visit Chris left not long after.

Monday night I think had to be my worse night ever, not only did I have problems settling James it was also the night my bowels decided to open. Which together are not a good combo. After about an hours or so struggling at 3am in the morning the midwife popped her head in to check on me to find James in my arms crying his heart out and me crying with him. On that she offered to take him for a few hours and also to give him a bottle, by this stage I was to tired I was very thankful. This meant I was able to get a bit of sleep in-between the visits to the loo. At 6am Tuesday morning James was return to me and I felt slightly better until about 8am when I tried to breastfed James again and for what ever reason I had loads of problems, in the end I called the midwives and they suggested I gave him a bottle again. To be honest I had been pretty much struggling with breast feeding since day one. I did though manage to breastfed him at lunch time.




We had decided that I was ready to come home so around 2pm we packed up and made our 1st ever family trip – HOME!




No comments:

Post a Comment