Friday 28 June 2013

Wow can't believe we've been home a week

How time just flies once you have a child. I can't believe we've been home a week already.


Tuesday afternoon was pretty much a kidda blur but it was nice to be home. I was still struggling with breast feeding and that was shown in the late evening Chris and I had arguments with little one for nearly 2 hours trying to get him to feed in the end we got out my emergancy milk I'd brought and gave him that.


Wednesday we seemed to have a bit better day again with breast feeding that was until the midwife came for a visit and things went down hill. In the end we decided to give him a bottle again as this meant less stress for him & us. I think the main problems I was having with breast feeding were
• I have quiet flat nipples
• constantly fighting with J to get him to stay latched on
• lack of patients

Thursday we didn't even try breast feeding instead we decided I'd try to express & give him that. I'm lucky in the sense I have some very good friends who I know have certain things I can borrow like my old ex door neighbour lent me her doupler, I knew that another had a breast pump so a txt later and by the afternoon I had the breast pump at my door. We also decided purchased more mam anti colic bottles. we have been given one for free at the baby show and really liked it as it easy to sterilise in the microwave in a couple of minutes.

We had our day 5 midwife appointment too where I had my stiches removed. I so wasn't looking to this after the memories of the ones I had in my head. The worse part was the removal of the dressing.

Over the weekend we had lots of visitors my friend Charlie came over and have us lots of advice. Little J saw most of the grandparents again before then getting to meet our close friends. Sunday we had a visit to the walk in health centre too as my wound looked liked it was starting to open and get effected and we thought little J's belly button was getting effected but it was fine. The dr gave me some antibiotic cream to put on my wound.
The rest of the week we've been doing a mixture of taking it very easy and getting some fresh air.

The main thing I've learnt is it takes quiet a while to recover after a c section and that I need to make sure I don't do too much I've not been lifting anything heavier than Little J and also avoiding bending down. I have tried to get out a little bit each day and each day I can walk a little further BUT I have to remember to stop every so often and take it easy.
We've also discovered that little J doesn't fit into the Urbo pram as he's way too small although he's now weights 6lb 11oz we think it will be a few weeks or more until he can fit into it. We never brought the carry cot that fits onto the pram as we thought the £160 cost wasn't worth it but we decided outer only option was to buy one, so the search on eBay began. Yesterday we managed to find one for £50. 

No comments:

Post a Comment