Saturday 1 June 2013

Anyone would think the Queen was visiting my house!


When I got a call from the local health visitors a couple of weeks ago wanting to arrange a home visit I started to panic, I thought why are they visiting me? I work for a decent company, I have a nice home so why the pre-visit. As always I raised my concerns on twitter and was relieved to discover I wasn’t the only person they did a pre-visit for.

As the weeks have gone past my twitter lovelies have had their visits and have made me feel at ease well as much as they could.

But still this morning I decided that even though my house is kidda like a show house most of the time I still needed to make sure it was clean. So I have just spent the last 2 hours, dusting, hovering and mopping all so I give a good impression to the health visitor!

So did it make any difference? Did it heck Paula turned up and looked very friendly I showed her into the living room and offered her a drink. She then ran through various questions some I found a strange but I understand why they have to ask everyone questions about domestic valance and drug and alcohol abuse. She also gave me quite a few leaflets about breast feeding, Vit D, cot death and immunisations by the end of the hour I felt happy she answered some of my questions and made me feel confidant that I could ring her or one of her colleagues if I needed to. She didn’t ask to see the rest of the house or the nursery.

If you get a visit too, I would say don’t worry they are actually there to support you and not judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment