Monday 30 December 2013

J's first Christmas

I can't tell you how excited I was for Christmas this year. I'm such a big kid and love it so so much but this year of course was more special.

We were woken up early at 5ish by J Christmas Day, a pattern he'd got him self into in the previous few days. After his bottle we sat on our bed and opened his Father Christmas presents, this is a tradition from my childhood. There were only a few small presents in the special sack I had got him from mamas & Papas. He then had a play with them while hubby and I had ours cuppa's, after a family nap it was time for me to go down stairs to sort out starting cooking the Christmas lunch.

I made a brave decision and decided to make home made bread to go with the smoked Salmon starter so that had to be made 1st thing. The previous night I'd made a schedule of what had to be done when, so on Christmas Day during all the chaos I could know what I had to do.

After bread was made it was time to open the presents from us. When I was growing up we were always made to wait until after lunch, we may do this as J gets older but for the moment we shall open the presents from us in the morning. 

Just a small pile then mummy
As you can imagine J had loads. We'd brought him 4 items including the car walker he's sat in, but of course others who weren't spend Christmas with us had got him bits. I'm not quite sure where it started but I always like handing out all the presents 1st then taking it in turns to open a present each. 

Once presents we're open it was time for breakfast, Christmas tree shaped crumpets instead of my normal bagel. Once dressed it was time to get on with cooking the Christmas lunch. Like most we always have roast Turkey and all the trimmings this year followed by my Dad's home made Christmas pudding.

We were joined for lunch by my parents, my brother, hubby's mum and Nan oh and we can't forget Bella my mum's tibetan terrier.


After lunch we had round 2 of the present opening. I'm so so glad we asked everyone to respect our wishes of only buying J one present. I do wonder how many toys one little boy actually needs. We'd also decided that instead of buying all 6 other adults a present each we would put everyone's name in a hat and only then have to buy 1 present. Personally I think this worked really well and I think I may do this every year with who ever spends Christmas with us.

After present opening we had dessert before going out for a nice walk.

Both Bella and J were very good all day and J even went to bed at his normal bed time of 5:30. 

The evening we just spent chatting which was lovely and everyone finally went around 10pm.

We had a fab 1st Christmas as a family and I shall remember this one for years to come! I'm already looking forward to next Christmas.

Hope you all had great christmas's too! Heres to a fantastic 2014!





No comments:

Post a Comment