Thursday 4 July 2013

Dummy or no dummy that is the question.

I've never been decided on dummies part of me thought I'd never use one but I can't say why. 

I never purposely went out and brought any for little J,  I was given 2 mam ones by someone and then I got one free on the mam bottle starter pack I brought. 

We'd pretty much made it to day 14 without using one partly down to the fact little J liked sucking on his finger to comfort him but as you will find out a new baby won't keep their fingers in there mouths for that long. One afternoon he got really grumpy, he wasn't due a feed for a couple of hours he would find his finger with some help but it wouldn't stay put and then crying started again and nothing would calm him so out came the dummy and hay presto we had a calm baby. 

Now we're trying not to give it to him all the time just to comfort him when we think he really needs it. We've both said it will only stay in the house though I'm not sure how long that will last for and also we won't give it to him at bed time.

I will keep you posted on how it goes but I think if it helps a bit then why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment