Thursday 10 October 2013

A year ago today I found out I was pregnant



I can't believe that it was a year ago today that I found out I was pregnant with Baby Hanno.

I think as long as I live I will never forget that day and I bet most mothers will say the same.

I actually tested a day before I was meant to, but I'd got to the point where I knew if I did a test would pick it up as I'd been sent this link http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer

Although the clinic had given me a test I actually had one already in the cupboard so I used that. I had woken stupidly early like 5:30 am on that morning took the plunge and did the test, I sat in the bathroom waiting for the results and when the 2nd line appeared I was in complete shock! I was so prepared for the IVF not to have worked. Still shocked I returned to the bedroom to hubby and said nothing I think about about 10 minutes later he asked me 'so what was the result' my response was just I don't know go and look. I remember him returning looking shocked too and we laid in bed and had a little cry still not believing it. 

Of course being me and not quite believing it I made a swift trip to boots to buy another test and again those 2 lines appeared! For once in my life I kept my mouth very shut, even later that day when I met a friend for coffee I didn't tell her a thing, it was mine and hubby's little secret for the day!

The next morning again woke early and did the official test and to prove the point I ended up buying a clear blue just so I could see those words 'Pregnant' In all I did 4 test! 


Then it was time to tell the world! I would to loved to have told my mum in person but she was away which meant a phone call to spain! I made my little confession on twitter as all the girls had known that the 12th was my official test day. 

So 1 year on I now have my beautiful son James. Perfect in every way!



No comments:

Post a Comment