Saturday 3 August 2013

Wow where has the last 7 weeks gone

Can't believe Little J is now 7 weeks old! seriously where has that time gone?




Finally I'm back driving which is great, though to be honest I was driving at just before 5 weeks mainly because I had too but I only did it twice. The next week I drove a few times.

I feel now almost fully recovered from my c section, it no longer hurts and has healed well. I was very lucky having the support I had for the 1st 6 weeks. Hubby was at home the 1st 2 weeks and then my mum came over nearly every other day during the week for the final 4 weeks, which was lovely! She'll probably agree with this (though sorry mum if your reading this and don't) we've not always got on and used to really clash. When I was about 18 I went to worked for her in the family business, thats a whole other story I won't bore you with that, but during that time I never really felt that close to her, yes she was my mum and we both loved each other but I felt we never had that full mother daughter bond. I think that came probably over the last 5 years and even more so in the last year or so with me going through IVF and then the pregnancy and of course now motherhood! I really love spending time with her and seeing her interaction with little J. I love my relationship I now have with my mum.

For me I think taking it easy has really helped my recovery, though my definition of taking it easy it probably not what it should be as I'm not one for sitting on my arse all day doing nothing. Though I've not carried anything more heavy than J. I've been trying to do some walking most days even if it was only a little bit, over the last couple of weeks this has been coming easier and easier and I'm slowly beginning to feel like my old self again though my fitness level is no where near where it used to be. Although I'm very eager to get fit again, which I know will also help with my weight loss, I am suffering with post pregnancy back problems and still seeing the NHS physio. I am taking her advice and taking things slowly. I need to get my muscles in my lower back and round my bump stronger and able to keep my pelvis in place then I can then up my exercise.

Little J is changing every day and I can differently see more a personality now. He's also really starting to focus on me more and smile which just melts my heart. Make him waking me up at 4am bearable. I differently a person who loves my sleep and can get very grumpy but what i've found is he's very much like his father can make my sadness and gumminess disappear.

For me I much prefer taking him out and going to organised groups than staying at home. Although I work within early years at the local council I don't spend anytime really with children and I can't say I'm a natural and entertaining them maybe because I can easily get bored but also I find at home there is always something else to do. I am keeping a post about the groups I go to and I do need to get into a routine. So far Tuesdays we go to Rhyme time at the local library for 30 minutes, Wednesdays we go and meet with our NCT gang. Come September on a friday we will be going to water babies then seeing my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment