Friday 16 August 2013

Little one 2 months old already!

Wow can't believe j is 2 months old already! Really where has that time gone? He's already changed so much in that time he's such a little character already complete pickle but I love him with all my heart.



We are very blessed that he's such a brilliant little boy. He has moments when he cries and cries but we know then there must be something up. He's had jordas, colic and reflux all quite mildly but has taken it all in his stride.

Somehow things have just fallen into place it's like I was always meant to be a mum. That might be a strange thing to say but one of my biggest fears was not being able to cope when he came or that I wouldn't love him. 

Feeding has got into a 4 hour routine and has been since about week 3. The sleep pattern has been getting better over the last week or so. Now the majority of time J has been going through the night he has his last feed about 7pm before he then goes to sleep this can be anytime up to 8:30 pm we have been trying to put him up to bed to settle him self which does work if he has his dummy. I've never been one to wake a sleeping baby though I do kidda of during the day if gone past his normal fed time though I don't wake him for a dream fed at 10pm. He then has been sleeping through to about 6-7am. How long this will last i don't know

It's such an amazing feeling being a mum I never quite understood it until now. I've waited 1/2 my life for him and it feels like he's always been here.




It's weird to think in 4 days a year ago we started down the whole IVF process. I was never quite sure of what to expect from it I just took each step as it came and now I have this. I do feel so so lucky to have had the ivf work 1st time as I know that's not the norm but I am so thankful it did as I'm not sure what I would have done if it hadn't worked. Not only am I not sure I could have gone through the whole process again but I'm not sure I could have coped at work you see not only has one of my colleagues had a baby 14wks before I had James but my boss is due in October. But now what an amazing thing that is, we have a nursery at work and are all due to go back about the same time, so it might mean the 3 children we attending nursery together.

No comments:

Post a Comment