Tuesday 10 May 2016

Summer house project part 2

Once the summer house was built it was then time to start painting, due to an great offer from Dunster we brought the summer house during their sale ( please note they have sales every couple of months)  but it meant it came and had to be painted within a couple of weeks as the wood is untreated. After looking at all the paint options I decided to buy the protek paint which was most recommend . I found that Gardenstreet.co.uk seemed to be the cheapest. You can order paint sample from Protek them selves.

I picked China clay as the main colour. I brought 10 litres which did all of the outside 2 coats and 1 coat inside the summer house. French lilac for the summer house door and Windows, I ordered 2.5 litres but probably only needed 1litres.


2 days of painting later and the outside was all done. With the paint you have to paint both coats within about 4 hours.

We added guttering ourselves.

The plan was always for the summer house somewhere where I could spend time in the summer with J and then as he grows up somewhere he can go with friends to play. 

If you've not discovered Pinterest yet you so need to, I got loads of ideas from there and will do another post about the bits I made, from that I had pretty much decided on what furniture I wanted. 

Storage wise we brought the an IKEA kallax shelving unit, 2 X stuva storage storage boxes. We already had the big Bertha bean bag.


Overall result is I'm very pleased with the result. Now we just need to finish the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment