Friday 22 March 2013

The pregnancy test(s)

I held out until the Thursday 11th October. I still had one test left from a previous packet so got up at 6:30 am and did it, hubby had an idea that was my plan, I did the test and waited and slowly a second line appeared, I was in shock, I went back in the bedroom silent, hubby was due to get up soon anyway so after about 5 minutes he asked me, all I said was I don’t know can he go and have a look! He came back and gave me a big cuddle and said yes we are! OH MY GOD WE’D DONE IT!

Now if you’ve not guessed that wasn’t quite enough proof for me, so I went out later and brought another test in Boots that I did that at 10:27am, again 2 lines! We decided not to tell anyone that day (bar I did tell the girls on twitter)

The next morning 12th October was the official test day, I was still nervous about doing the test just in case it wasn’t real. I got up 1st things again and did the test again 2 lines on the official one! As soon as I could I phone the clinic to tell them the results, they do the normal congrats they said someone would call me back to book in my 6 week scan.

Of course me being me had to do one last test so I took my self off to boots and spent the £10 on buying a clear blue test. It was magical seeing that word ‘Pregnant 2-3’ I sent the picture to hubby.

By this point I wanted to tell close family. My mum was in Spain but as I wanted her to know 1st it meant a phone call to her. Although I would have preferred to tell her in person, she was actually speechless and cried! I know it was hard for her being away during the most important part of my journey. Next was to go and tell his mum and Nan, again they were over the moon and more tears from them.  On the Monday I meet up with my best friend and told her, as you can imagine she was delighted. By know her little boy was just over 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment