Friday 22 March 2013

I’m pregnant 1st trimester! Weeks 1 - 13

Oxford called me back on the Friday and got me booked in for my 1st scan which was going to be 29th October. So I had to endure another 2 week wait! The 2 weeks waits have to be the worse. I always feel for the other IVF girls who go through this.

On the 19th October I had my bosses wedding with my pregnant work colleague; it was very strange seeing them after being off work for 2 weeks. It was fine we all had this unwritten deal that we didn’t speak about it, none of them asked if I was or not, of course they had all known about the IVF. I actually really enjoyed the day even though I was driving, we ended up leaving about 9:30pm as I was shattered, I sure they had all guessed by the amount of times I went to the loo. I did manage to let it slip to our table as I wasn’t drinking even though it was my friends wedding and also I couldn’t eat the chocolate dessert as it had egg in it and you have to make sure it’s cooked through http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx

On the Monday 22nd October I returned to work and told my bigger boss my news mainly due to the fact that I needed the following Monday am off for the 6 week scan. I also had a chat with my pregnant colleague, it was nice she understood and we discovered we were exactly 10 weeks apart.

I was pretty much tired most of the time and feeling nauseous. By the Thursday morning 25th Oct I was suffering from really bad cramps, I hadn’t been in so much pain in ages and was worried so I called Oxford, they explain that was normal but to put my mind at rest I could go and get scanned. I knew hubby had important meetings so called my mum who couldn’t take me so next best thing was the MIL, to be fair she was great, came and picked me up and took me to Oxford. I was nervous again as I know it would be an internal scan so I went in alone, but thankfully scan was ok and got to see my perfect little bean.




I was so happy I called Hubby who was relieved. I was then booked in for scan 2 on the 12th November this time at Reading. Thankfully hubby got to come with me this time it looked like a tiny jelly baby. It still felt so unreal. I was then released from Oxford into the care of the NHS. Our due date was confirmed as the 19th June 2013, but of course I’d already known that as I found a wonderful website where you could work it out http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php   

I had arranged for a girlie shopping trip with my best friend and other friends to Westfield on the 17th November. It was so funny, you could tell they wanted to ask but didn’t dare. I did have a hard time when they were looking at clothes and I couldn’t really and in certain shops I snuck off to look at maternity stuff as I was finding the my belly was already swelling, by lunch time I caved and told them. They were over the moon. They had all known about the IVF but we hadn’t told them the exact dates, the only people who did know bar me and Hubby were my boss and my Mum.

On the 22nd November 2012 I had my 1st midwife appointment, I remember joking with her that at oxford we were known as a number, she said it wouldn’t be like that with her, but the joke is that actually I felt more cared for by Oxford than I do with her! Hubby came with me and we ran through all the booking in forms and were given a number to call and book the all important 12 week scan. This was booked for 1st thing on the 6th December. Another nervous wait but both was ecstatic to find out beanie was still all ok and growing perfectly! We were then booked for our 20 week scan on the 31st Jan.





No comments:

Post a Comment